Conclave Session: Opportunities & Challenges in MSME Sector
November 13, 2018 10:30 AM-12:30 PM Seminar Hall: Rushikulya
- The objective of this 2-hour session on ‘Opportunities & Challenges in MSME Sector’ is to provide a platform to discuss the investment opportunities and the unique competitive advantages offered by Odisha for Development of MSME Sector.
- MSMEs have a major presence in the Indian economy contributing to 37.54 percent of India’s GDP. The share of MSME manufacturing output in the total manufacturing output of the country is to the tune of 37.33 % as per the latest available information.
With abundance of agro, marine & mineral resources, quality infrastructure, qualified manpower and stable polity aided with robust policy framework, Odisha is poised to attract large investment for value addition with an ultimate objective to create employment & socio-economic development of the State. Few of the unique competitive advantages listed below:
- Largest producer of Aluminium, Steel and Stainless Steel in the country leading to prospect of promoting downstream industries
- A long coastline of 480 km with presence of deep-water ports at Paradip, Dhamra and Gopalpur can result in substantial savings on the logistics and transportation costs.
- Presence of 02 Mega Foods Parks, Aluminium Park and Plastic Park. Besides, State supports development of dedicated MSME parks at potential locations.
- Presence of prominent training centres like Central Tool Room & Training Centre (CTTC) and Central Institute of Plastic Engineering & Technology (CIPET) for production, design and consultancy centre completes the ecosystem by facilitating specialized tools and precision components as well as specialized trained skilled manpower required by the industry.
During the session, senior officials from Centre; State Government; Experts and representatives from the industry will deliberate on the outlook for the sector and the opportunities for investments in Odisha. The key topics of discussion shall include:
- MSME Development in the context of Odisha
- Facilitating MSME Export from Odisha
- Greater Market access to MSME through GeM
- Role SIDBI in promoting MSME Sector & CGTMSE
- NSIC support to MSME
- RRole of E-Commerce in promoting MSME
- Development & Challenges of Gems & Jewellery Sector with reference to Filigree works
- Opportunities & Challenges in MSME
Sector Representatives from the industry associated with the MSME sector are welcome to attend and participate in the deliberations.