Conclave Session: Downstream Industries in Metal Sector
November 13, 2018 10:30 AM- 12:30 PM Seminar Hall: Brahmani
- The objective of this 2-hour session on ‘Downstream Industries in Metal Sector’ is to provide a platform to discuss the ecosystem and the investment opportunities offered by the State for setting up Downstream Industries in Metal Sector units across Steel, Stainless Steel and Aluminium.
Odisha, with its bountiful natural resources, has been the preferred destination for metal sector investments in the country. The State is in a unique position to support the Downstream Industries in Metal Sector manufacturing investments considering some unique competitive advantages as listed below:
- Odisha is the highest producer of Aluminium, Steel and Stainless Steel in the country. The State Government has set a vision of at least 50% value addition to the primary metal produced in the State by year 2030.
- Downstream Industries in Metal Sector in metal sector has been recognized as one of the ‘Focus Sectors’ of the State, as per ‘Vision 2025: Odisha Industrial Development Plan’. It envisages an investment of INR 40,000 crores in the sector with a potential to create 900,000 jobs by 2025.
- The State is developing state-of-the-art manufacturing clusters for the development of Steel, Stainless Steel and Aluminium units
- A long coastline of 480 km with presence of deep-water ports at Paradip, Dhamra and Gopalpur can result in substantial savings on the logistics and transportation costs
During the session, senior officials from Central and State Government and prominent leaders from the industry will deliberate on the outlook of the sector and the opportunities for manufacturing investments. The key topics of discussion shall include:
- Showcase ease of doing business initiatives and policy ecosystem in the State to support development of the sector
- Plans for upcoming Government and private sector led projects in Downstream Industries in Metal Sector across Steel, Stainless Steel and Aluminium especially Kalinganagar National Investment and Manufacturing Zone and Aluminium Park at Angul
- Global case studies on development of Downstream Industries in Metal Sector business ecosystem
- Short, medium and long term interventions to propel the business ecosystem for Downstream Industries in Metal Sector manufacturing in the State
Representatives from the industry involved across the value chain of Steel, Stainless Steel and Aluminium Downstream Industries in Metal Sector manufacturing are welcome to attend and participate in the deliberations.