Conclave Session: Women Entrepreneurship Plenary
Plenary Session November 14, 2018 10:00 AM-12:00 PM Seminar Hall: Mahanadi
SHG Financing November 14, 2018 12:30 PM-02:30 PM Seminar Hall: Subaranarekha
SHG Marketing November 14, 2018 12:30 PM-02:30 PM Seminar Hall: Baitarani
Entrepreneurs Financing November 14, 2018 12:30 PM-02:30 PM Seminar Hall: Rushikulya
Entrepreneurs Marketing November 14, 2018 12:30 PM-02:30 PM Seminar Hall: Brahamani
- The objective of this 4.00 hour session on ‘Women Entrepreneurship’ is to provide a platform to focus on inspiring women entrepreneurs, fostering economic growth of women, to discuss the opportunities, the unique schemes and incentives offered by Odisha for Women Entrepreneurs and experience the journey of doer and achievers who turned ambition into reality, rise to their highest potential, and lift others when they climb.
- Currently, India has witnessed record rise in women entrepreneurship. With women comprising over 48 per cent of the India’s population, women are the fundamental drivers of change in economic growth. The government initiatives including Stand-Up India, MUDRA, and NITI Aayog’s Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) are highly encouraging for the women entrepreneurs.
- The theme of the 8th edition of Global Entrepreneurship Summit, ‘Women first, Prosperity for all’ highlighted that when women do better, countries do better. It is projected that by 2025 India’s GDP will get an additional boost of 16 per cent, by integrating women into the workforce and to achieve inclusive and equitable socio-economic growth, India must ensure that at least 25 per cent of entrepreneurs in the country are women.
- In Odisha, there are around 200,000 women entrepreneurs according to the 2010 gender disparity report (GDR).
- Odisha being a pro-women state who believes in promoting inclusive environments for Women Entrepreneurs and some of its key features creating an enabling Women Entrepreneurship ecosystem are listed below:
- The MSME dept is taking up a large number of EDP training programmes for development of entrepreneurship through the district industries centers and Institute of entrepreneurship. Over 4,000 entrepreneurs are being trained during the current year. Currently approximately 15% of the MSMEs are owned by women entrepreneurs, which need to be taken to a level of at least 50% on a mission mode.
- Capital Investment Subsidy to new Micro & Small Enterprises of Women Entrepreneurs at 30% of cost of Plant & Machinery limiting to Rs.1.25 crore.
- Seed Capital Assistance- One time grant to 1st generation Women in Industrially Backward Districts including KBK.
- The Directorate of Mission Shakti has been created to focus on the capacity building and skill development of the existing groups, formation of new WSHGs and women entrepreneur development involving more and more women into the Mission Shakti movement. Till date 2,87,231 nos. of new SHGs are formed & 3,39,354 nos of existing SHGs are covering nearly 70 lakh members under Mission Shakti.
- To Boost the Business of WSHGs through E marketing and provide e- platform for producer and seller, State level workshop – “She Means Business” has been conducted by Mission shakti .
- During the session, women leaders from diverse business sectors, senior officials and representatives from the industry, will deliberate on the outlook for the sector and the opportunities for women entrepreneurship in Odisha for large, MSME enterprises and SHGs. The key topics of discussion shall include:
- Entrepreneurial journey of female luminaries from the world of business.
- Panel discussions on Entrepreneurship, Branding, Marketing, Mentoring to fledge enterprises and Networking.
- Awareness of govt schemes & policies, bring visibility to the existing initiatives, get departments together, and enable partner connectivity.
- Marketing & finance opportunities for women entrepreneurs for both individual women entrepreneurs and SHGs.
- Vision and Plan for development of Women entrepreneurship sector in the State.
All women entrepreneurs, SHGs, representatives from the industry, women aspiring to be entrepreneurs are welcome to attend and participate in the deliberations. Experience, enjoy the journey of the entrepreneurial leaders and thrive.